The Putney Food Co-op Board of Directors seeks candidates for this year’s election. Three board seats are open for election this year. The Board of Directors monitors the operations of the Co-op on behalf of its member-owners. The Board meets once a month and board members may commit to serve on an internal board committee as well, all of which requires a time commitment of several hours per month. Please read more details below.
To be a director, you must be a Putney Food Co-op member-owner. The Board encourages you to attend one or more Board meetings to see what is involved and meet existing Board members. Your opportunity to attend a meeting before submitting your nomination is on June 15, 2017 or July 27, 2017! Let us know you are coming by emailing email@example.com.
The Board Nominations and Elections Committee oversees the presentation of candidates up for election. You can nominate yourself by submitting your name to the Board Nominations and Elections Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential candidates will be asked to submit a statement of interest and a photo. Nominations are due by August 1, 2017. The Board Nominations and Elections Committee will then review all submission and recommend those to presented as board candidates for election.
If a member is not selected for candidacy by the Nominations Committee, they may be added to the ballot by obtaining a petition of thirty-five (35) member-owners in good standing, and shall be accorded the same opportunities to present campaign statements as accorded other candidates. Signed petitions are due by August 15, 2017 and you should contact the Nominations Committee at email@example.com by such date.
Questions? Feel free to speak to any Board member or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checklist of Important Dates for 2017
- June 1 – Call to members to submit name for candidacy
- June 15 – Board of Directors Meeting
- July 27 – Board of Directors Meeting
- August 1 – Deadline to submit nomination to Nominating Committee
- August 8 – Potential candidates notified by Nominating Committee
- August 15 – Deadline to submit petition if seeking candidacy by petition
- August 22 – Candidate slate finalized and candidate statements and photos for publication due
- September 1 – Annual Report sent to all voting members
- September 19 – Voting begins (by ballot – paper/online)
- September 21 – Board of Directors Meeting
- October 19 – Annual Meeting (voting closes)